Trauma survivors can change society says psychologist helping Yazidi survivors of ISIS, The Current, CBC Radio, Nov 5, 2018
Yazidi Women Comment on the Need for Trauma Care Programs
Canadian Parliament Press Gallery, 32 min, Oct 29, 2018
MP Jenny Kwan tables Yazidi trauma care petition in Parliament, 1 min video, filmed off TV, Oct 29, 2018
Une réfugiée yézidie réclame l’aide d’Ottawa, La Presse, 29 octobre 2018
Yazidi refugee woman urges government for help navigating new world, CBC, Oct 29, 2018
Yazidi refugee woman urges Canadian government to help navigate new world, The Star, Oct 29, 2018
Yazidi refugee woman urges government for help navigating new world, National Post, Oct 29, 2018
A Nobel Peace Prize winner who works to help women is donating her $500,000 winnings to victims of sex crimes, Business Insider, Oct 11, 2018
Nadia Murad, a Yazidi woman who was captured by ISIS, just won the Nobel Peace Prize, Vox, Oct 5, 2018
Traumatized Yazidi women face nightmarish healing process. Here’s what Canadians can do to help, National Observer, Oct 5, 2018
Save more Yazidi women fleeing ISIS sex slavery, refugee advocates plead to government, CBC Radio Early Edition, Sept 27, 2018
Take in more Yazidi women fleeing ISIS, refugee advocates urge Ottawa, CBC News, Sept 27, 2018
Broken People, Broken Promises: How Canada Is Failing the Yazidi, The Tyee, Sept 20, 2018
Trauma and perceived social rejection among Yazidi women and girls who survived enslavement and genocide, NCBI Research, Sept 13, 2018
WRAP Press Releases
Now is the time to keep our promise to the survivors of ISIS, Oct 25, 2018
Le temps est venu de tenir vos promesses envers les survivantes de l’EI, 25 Oct, 2018
Nadia Murad receives Nobel Peace Prize for drawing attention to the torture of Yazidi women and girls in war, Oct 5, 2018
The Canadian government must keep its promise to Yazidi survivors, Sept 27, 2018
Media Advisory for Sept 27th Ceremony & Press Conference, Sept 24, 2018
Majed El Shafie in Vancouver Sept 26th-30th, Sept 17, 2018
Vancouver women support Yazidi women and girls in Canada, Sept 5, 2018
Twitter Women Refugees Advocacy Project
One Free World International The Freedom Project
Road to Recovery:
Resettlement Issues of Yazidi women and children in Canada
House of Commons Report, MP Jenny Kwan was Vice-Chair of the committee.
1. Canada will take in 1,200 primarily Yazidi refugees, by Terry Pedwell, Macleans. ‘“As many have experienced unimaginable trauma, both physical and emotional, many will have unique psychological and social needs such as trauma counselling,”’ [Minister of Immigration and Refugees] Hussen said.
2. Canada Struggles as It Opens Its Arms to Victims of ISIS, by Catherine Porter, New York Times, March 16, 2018.
3. ‘Please Take Us Back To Iraq’: A Yazidi Family’s Traumatic First Days In Canada, by Naomi Buck, Chatelaine, December 8, 2017.
4. Freed from ISIS, Yazidi Women Remain Trapped by Trauma by Alexandra Bradford, News Deeply, March 14, 2017
5. The Yazidis are in danger of extinction and Ottawa’s stopped helping, by Barbara Kay, National Post, June 19, 2018.
For more information on the Yazidi genocide
Visit the Forums section of Remember Our Sisters Everywhere.